- You purchase poison and put the bait out for rodents in your home or yard.
- Rat/mouse eats poison.
- Barred Owl swoops down to eat the mouse.
- Barred Owl dies in a neighborhood, close to your home but not in your yard for you to see.
- Raccoons find owl carcass and eat parts of it.
- Raccoons wander around a neighborhood for hours, eventually, they die in someone’s yard, shed, garage, or home.
- Neighborhood ‘outdoor’ cat, or cat that just ‘likes to go outdoors sometimes’, or a lost/stray dog finds raccoon’s carcass and eats part of it.
- If the cat or dog was owned by someone, they now have to search the neighborhood, eventually finding their pet dead, stiff as a board, with blood seeping out of their eyes, nose, mouth, and anus. It’s an awful sight for a person to see, much less the person who loved this animal.
- Cat or dog dies from poison.
- Vulture eats cat or dog carcass.
- Vulture dies.
FIVE ANIMALS DEAD DUE TO ONE DOSE OF POISON!
- If the source or attraction is not removed or mediated, there will always be more mice and rats to take the place of the ones that die. There will never be a time that lethal poisons effectively eradicate the ENTIRE colony of mice in an area at one time. Because of this, each rodent that dies will simply be replaced by another as soon as that rodent is gone.
- Poisons are often eaten by unintended victims. Bait is often forgotten over time and eventually pets and unintended wildlife find these bait stations.
- Poisons cause needless suffering. This is not a painless way to die, and animals can suffer for hours, days, weeks, or longer, and many don’t die from poisons at all. They simply suffer, weak and damaged for the rest of their natural life span. Despite countless studies showing that poisons do this, they continue to sell poisons successfully based on the public’s inaccurate view that they are effective and humane.
- Rodents do not die immediately and can end up dying outdoors where other animals are exposed to the poison, or they can die inside household walls, attics, basements where they pose a health risk to pets and people. (Not to mention the awful stench and stain that you’re stuck with cleaning up after the animal dies!)
The cycle continues until the poison is dilute enough in the animal’s bloodstream to not cause them any ill effects. Everything in the wild is eaten by something. That’s the way of the wild. You cannot poison one living thing and think that it will end there. Rat poisons are designed to have a delayed effect so that the rodent will not die right in front of the bait station. (This is part of bait’s design so that multiple animals will take the bait.) That effect causes the animal to die who-knows-where and then it is out of your hands.